Ian D Wright FCILT, AIMM, MSAE
- Member - Chartered Institute of Transport
- Member - Australian Institute of Management
- Member - Institute of Road Transport Engineers
- Member - Dangerous Goods Advisory Group (Vic)
- Member - Society of Automotive Engineers
- Member - VTA - Consultants Services Group
SPECIAL FIELDS OF COMPETENCE
- Assessment of Load Restraint Systems & Methods
- Compliance & Enforcement, QA and Audit Issues
- Dangerous Goods Code, Regulations and Safe Road Transport Practice
- Container Standards Development and Transport Issues
- Fleet selection and special purpose vehicle specification
- Oversize and Overmass Regulations and Vehicle Management
Ian Wright - Principal Consultant at Ian Wright & Associates, has more than 25 years of road transport industry experience with businesses, including senior management positions with companies such Brambles and Mayne Nickless, Industry and Government Authorities. Ian Wright & Associates is a Melbourne based consultancy firm which supports Government and Industry clients around Australia and South East Asia with high level management consulting and assessment services.
As Manager Industry Liaison (1992 - 96), with the National Road Transport Commission (NRTC), Ian was responsible for liaison between the NRTC and numerous associations and operating companies from all industry sectors in all States and Territories in Australia.
He has represented the Commission on a wide range of technical committees, project teams, and advisory committees including:
- Mass Limits Review Project,
- Load Restraint Steering Committee,
- Oversize/Overmass, BD Network Access,
- Alternative Compliance and Enforcement,
- Emergency Response Initiatives
- Dimension Limits Project team,
- Air Suspensions on Heavy Duty Vehicles,
- Pilot Driver Training, Vehicle Standards,
- Driving Working Hours,
- Dangerous Goods and Explosives Advisory Committee and Drafting Sub-Committees.
- Container Standard Development & Transport Issues
While working with the NRTC, Ian was heavily involved in the development of the many new regulations and policy guidelines affecting the new reforms. As an invited guest speaker, Ian has presented many talks and discussion papers on transport reform issues to industry groups and conferences all over Australia.
Before his NRTC role, Ian served on industry committees over many years including:
- Goods General Cartage Division - Victorian Transport Association
- Advisory Committee for the Transport of Dangerous Goods - Aust Road Transport Federation Rep, now ATA.
- Australian Chemical Industry Council (now PACIA) - transport subcommittee
- Australian Liquid Petroleum Association - transport subcommittee
- National Bulk Tanker Association - foundation member and company representative
- National Road Freight Inquiry - presenting panelist on road tanker matters